Sunday 2 June 2013

Daxton is 29 days old

I can't believe he is almost a month old! Wow. In some ways it feels longer and in other ways it has gone by so fast. We have had a pretty good week. His sleep pattern is still pretty good. I try to keep him in the natural light during the day and  he still only wakes up to feed a few times at night. I tracked his sleep patterns for a few days and it does change during the day but fairly consistent at night.

 On Monday I took him to the mall and got my eyebrows waxed. On Thursday Dax had his first baby visitor. Tammy came over with flowers and chocolate and brought her 4 month old Daneka to meet him. Dax pretty much just slept most of the time but better than crying!! Lol Friday mom and I took Dax out too lunch. I was a little nervous he would cry the whole time at the restaurant but he was really good. A few little cries when his soother came out and that was it. 

Neil and I are trying out a new routine since Neil can now feed Dax with a bottle. So from 6-10pm I get mommy time which is pretty much me showering and napping. At first it was tough to sleep as I'm use to getting up so regularly for Dax but I pop in my ear plugs in and tell myself that Dax is in good hands. 

Two days until he is one month old!!! Neil's parents offered to watch him for a few hours so we can go out for a date night. It is so nice of them!! I'm just not sure if I'm up to it yet. I am thinking maybe dinner or just a movie and then we are not gone so long and I can get a nap in still (I still worry he will have a cranky night and I will get no sleep!). 

Weekends are great since Dax likes to sleep in and cuddle with his Dad. I cant wait until end of June when Neil is off for two months!! Today we will find out how much he weighs! He is starting to grow out of some newborn stuff already so I know he is growing. It is suppose to be nice all week (about time since its June!) so I am looking forward to taking this lil guy out more.

We took a few cute videos of Dax this week which have gone viral lol well to friends and family. One of him playing on his mat and one of him kicking away to music. He's so darn cute! Here are some pics..

Loves cuddling on Dad

Play mat time!

Trying to get a picture for great grandma in his crochet outfit (he wasn't impressed)

Planking like a boss

Checking out his brother

Three best friends :)
Waving at me :) I can't believe he wore this outfit home and it was swimming on him! Now it is short in the arms and just fits him length wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment