Saturday 15 June 2013

Daxton is 6 weeks old

Yay to Dax being 6 weeks old and Neil almost being off for the summer! We are so close :) We are definitely getting more settled with Dax now... Taking him out more and sharing him with the world. We went out for drinks with friends on a patio the other night.. Yay to feeling semi normal! Dax was content sleeping in his stroller the whole time. He seems to have a pretty set pattern of sleeping 3-4 hrs in the afternoon so we have been taking advantage. 

I have been going crazy with pics of Dax smiling as I can finally catch it frequently on camera now!! Yay! As soon as he wakes up he's all smiles :) he is ticklish too which is too freakin cute. He is such an amazing little guy! He is really starting to coo loudly as well. It is like he is trying to talk to you. It is usually when he is smiling and you are talking to him. 

This week we went on another play date with some new moms. Dax slept the whole time but that was totally ok with me lol. We also had another shower thrown by a friend of MIL. It was really nice and Dax got spoiled and everyone wanted to hold him. Such an angel. He got some really cute outfits to grow into! And he got a monkey tree that had lil gifts hanging and gift bags of money. I took a pic as it was so cute! He also got a jersey with his name on it. Love!! 

He is growing like a lil weed and now barely fits his one month sleepers (he is too long!!!). So he is swimming in his three month ones for now. I remember thinking he would never be that big but I know in a few weeks he will be 2 months already! He has to be over 10lbs.

Unfortunately at 6 weeks he has started his first baby cold :( Neil was sick at the beginning of the week and lil D and I caught it as well. It has only been sniffles and a few coughs here and there for him so I am hoping that's all it amounts too. Poor lil guy.. The saddest thing is having a sick baby :( At least he has been in good spirits...just sleeping more.

Yay to more smiles! 

Smiles for Nana

My fav men

Cuddles

Tickles

Monkey tree from shower

Brothers

2 comments:

  1. Dax smiles so much!!! He is adorable! I'm still working on getting Mason to smile for the camera... its so hard! Usually he smiles after eating when I'm changing him and forget to take my phone with me. Hopefully soon! I cannot believe 6 weeks has passed... I do not want to go back to work next week! I'm sort of excited to have something else to do but I'm nervous about leaving him and going back to a job that I somewhat dislike. Thank God my mother in law is watching him the first week I'm back -- I don't know how I would do on my first day back and leaving him for the first time at day care. Is breastfeeding still going good? I'm still trying to get a few feedings in but formula is slowly taking over.... I think having gone through both now I am going to try harder next time to pump more in the beginning so I can keep going longer. Is Dax reaching for stuff yet? Every time I lay Mason down on the play mat his just cries and hates it... Maybe he'll grown out of that soon and start reaching for the toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days at work I still wish I was home :( I think it depends on how busy I am, I miss him so much! Sleeping is going good. He only usually wakes up once, which I can handle :). Looking back I wish I would have kept up with breastfeeding and pumping more than I did. I think I got so happy that I could go somewhere and not worry about it that it just kept going until I didn’t pump at all. I miss having that with him – hopefully I’ll do more with the next. Do you guys have Dax in his own room yet? When do you think you’ll do that? Mason is growing out of his little bassinet and he likes to sleep stretched out but if I put him down in his crib swaddled he always rolls to one side which makes me nervous and having loose blankets make me nervous too. This weekend we are going to try to have him either sleep in his pack and play or his crib with a sleep sack instead of blankets. He sleeps so well stretched out that I think it’s time we move to something ‘crib’ like or his actual crib. Mason just got ok with laying on his mat and playing with toys… before he would cry right away but he actually likes it now and bats at things (although I think he doesn’t know what he’s doing :)) He is smiling so much more now, which makes me happy! I’m so nervous about Dustin leaving! Are you having someone come help you or will you be on your own? My mom is coming out for a week and Dustin’s parents just live 45 mins away so I won’t be totally alone but for the first week he’s gone no one will be with me (staying at my house) ….. I know I’ll get through it but I foresee being really tired and sad that Dustin’s gone.

    ReplyDelete