Friday 17 May 2013

Daxton 14 days old!

Daxton is already two weeks old! Wow how time flies :) I really can't imagine him not being with us. Although we have had some long, trying nights... He just lights up a room. During the day he is so sweet and we are having fun getting to know each other. 

Midwife came by Thursday and Dax is up to 8lbs 6oz. She wants to make sure I still feed him every two hours during the day (I feel like a cow lol). She helped me with engorgement situation. Yay! Fingers crossed we have nipped that one. 

Things we couldn't live without these past 2 weeks:
** snugabunny bouncer - great for naps and when he is fussy. Also if I need to run to the washroom quickly etc. He likes the vibrations and songs. 
** mamaroo - Neil prefers the mamaroo cos he doesn't have to rock it. So he keeps it with him. Dax likes car ride setting. 
** Aden and Adais swaddle blankets - so soft and can be used for everything! Swaddling, covering car seat from sun/wind, clean up baby messes. Love them!
** play mat - we use this for visual stimulation and tummy time. He loves the mirror!! And is just starting to touch the toys.. Could be by accident though lol. 
** sleep sheep - super helpful for white noise.. He likes the wave sounds.. Heck I do too! Lol I would like the giraffe as well as he has the heart beat sound and Dax liked that at the photographers. 
** brest friend pillow - love this for breast feeding. Especially when I first came home and back was soo bad. It makes feeding so much easier!
** medela breast pump - soo helpful when engorged! I have only pumped a but as I don't want to over do it too soon and have way too much milk. Easy to use and clean. 
** lanolin cream - saving my nipples!!
** hydrogel nipple pads - cooling for nipples. So nice but expensive so I use these when I'm going out rather than breast cooling packs. 
** cooling packs - great for engorgement and cooling down between feeds. Also cabbage helped a lot. 
** bob stroller - although we have only used it a few times so far it is a great stroller! Easy to maneuver and even with my back messed up it is easy to fold up and put in the trunk. 
** cute outfits - lol it just makes everything more fun!! You do a lot of laundry so it helps to have a variety. So tough to know what to buy ahead if time though when you don't know how big they will be. I find Carter's newborn onesies just fit and there 3month onesies with pants are great. A lot of 3 month sleepers are huge on him though! I found some 1 month Emma and Jack sleepers that are a great size so I'm glad I got quite a few of those. 

This week on my own flew by. We have done lots of playing, sleeping, feeding, and a few outings. Went and voted on Monday (he loves his car rides), took him for a big walk Tuesday (seems to like stroller too), and yesterday went to Target (apparently he likes shopping like his mom lol). More friends and famiky have visited and Dax is perfectly content to hang out in their arms (as long as it isnt feeding time).

Here are some sweet pics of what we have been upto...
Daxton planking during tummy time! I can't believe how much head control he has already! I attribute it to my prenatal workouts lol I swear he was born with muscles!
 He is still loving his play mat. 

Road trip to vote! Yes babies vote too!!

First big walk with Miller down to the park. Dax just slept the whole time but I am not complaining!

Miller was a very happy pup :)

First official bath at home. He was such a lil trooper :) I hope he continues to love his baths!

Nana's Mother's Day present that Dax and I made :)


My sister finished painting tree in nursery. I love how it turned out! I will have to tidy up nursery and take a picture of the finished product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment